Reporting & Data Specialist
First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2019
First Eagle seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Reporting & Data Specialist on their International Third-Party Distribution team. The candidate must develop solid working relationships with internal clients and with Amundi, First Eagle’s international distribution partner, to provide a high level of support. Areas of oversight include client reporting, fund performance, portfolio analytics & attributions, portfolio characteristics, data for marketing materials and website, and business intelligence.
- Enhance and automate regular and ad-hoc client reporting process
- Enhance and automate regular and ad-hoc data-related marketing material
- Handle ad-hoc portfolio analytics & attribution requests from the international wholesales team and from Amundi sales & marketing teams in various countries around the world
- Ensure accuracy and quality of performance and portfolio data, sourced both from First Eagle & Amundi and distributed via Amundi or via third party platforms (Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.)
- Analyze historical and on-going performance of First Eagle’s products, as well as those of key competitors and benchmarks, to generate insights that help effectively position products for sales and client service teams
- Gather, organize, and synthesize data to support strategy formulation and business planning
- Be the subject matter expert for FactSet data and results
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field; CIPM or CFA a plus
- At least 3 years of experience working in a performance-related role within the asset management industry
- Experience using FactSet
- Working knowledge of the Global Investment Performance Standards and composite construction
- Familiar with performance attribution analysis and software
- High level of computer proficiency
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Awareness of client reporting process, deadlines and needs
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities with minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with VBA and automating Excel reports
- Familiarity with Bloomberg a plus
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.