Internal Wholesaler - New York or Boston
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion in assets under management (as of 9/30/21). Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental, benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid the permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, private credit and multi-asset strategies.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a highly motivated Internal Wholesaler who excels in relationship-building and has an in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry. This hire will partner with an External Wholesaler to provide relevant and timely solutions with the #1 priority to benefit clients’ investment portfolios. They can be based in NYC or Boston.
What you will do:
- Work in partnership with the External Wholesalers to create and maintain existing client relationships within a specified territory to maximize sales goals
- Reach out to advisors directly via phone and email communication to proactively engage, assess, and offer solutions
- Develop and implement a sales plan to capture available opportunities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Thoroughly learn, understand, and present all focus products and value-added pieces to prospective clients
- Maintain impeccable follow-up with prospects to establish rapport, sustain interest, and manage relationships
- Assess the needs of each client by asking specific, high impact questions to adequately position the appropriate fund that meets those needs
- Profile advisors on how to help them grow their book of business
- Deliver sales literature, collateral, hypotheticals, and sales ideas to effectively facilitate sales processes and enhance advisor relationships
- Maintain constant and open communication with externals with the help of logging activities daily into the firm CRM
- Remain laser-focused on sales goals through the means of scheduling, follow-ups, thank you for the business correspondence and prospecting
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in business, economics, or finance
- Candidates MUST have their Series 7 and 63 (or 66) FINRA licenses
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong communication skills, focus and perseverance
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a team player
- Daily attitude of gratitude, humility, and respect for yourself, peers and the firm
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of financial markets and basic economic principles
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.