First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of June 30, 2020
First Eagle is seeking a Business Analyst to be part of the Applications and Systems Development team supporting core Applications and technology requirements for the entire Firm. As part of a highly visible team, this role requires excellent teamwork, technical, analytical, and communication skills to perform frontline support for business users.
- Bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
- Design solutions that are technologically feasible, financially and functionally reasonable.
- Front line support of traders and operations users assisting in security setup, allocations, post trade issues, gathering reporting and workflow enhancement requests.
- Participation in extensive testing of applications, reports, workflows and application software upgrades or patch releases.
- Document and maintain all system components at Disaster Recovery Site and actively participate in the building, testing and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery process.
- Maintain documentation for technical systems, processes and test scripts.
- Comply with best practices in existing testing and release management.
- Support MS SQL tables, views and stored procedures.
- 7+ years of related experience in financial services domain.
- Relational database programming skills required; strong Microsoft SQL knowledge.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Business intelligence tools is required.
- Experience with OMS (preferably Charles River), Accounting Software (preferably Geneva) and Reconciliation applications is preferred.
- Experience working on UNIX or windows platforms.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Some programming experience is a plus.
- Strong teamwork skills and work ethic; a collaborative work style is essential.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, and efficient.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) and First Eagle Alternative Credit, LLC (FEAC) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM/FEAC, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief (including dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.