First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2019
First Eagle is seeking a candidate for a Compensation Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the below responsibilities and have the following qualifications for this role:
- Participates in the design of compensation programs and policies, such as sales incentive compensation, carried interest plans, and co-investment schemes
- Participates in compensation surveys and performs competitive market analysis
- Develops and improves all compensation-related business processes, requests and reports, with a strong focus on operational efficiency
- Maintains deferred compensation portal, including grants, forfeiture, distribution, etc.
- Calculates monthly commissions and projects sales commissions reflecting different assumptions
- Plays a key role in the year-end compensation processes, from budget and accrual to bonus/salary proposal to communication and payroll coordination
- Partners with HR colleagues to determine offer packages, off-boarding agreements, and exemption review evaluations
- Monitors changes in federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure organizational compliance
- Creates ad-hoc reports and analyzes data related to compensation and benefits
- Develops workforce analytics and assists in HRIS initiatives
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the analysis, design and administration of compensation programs
- Experience in financial services and asset management industry
- Mastery in Microsoft Excel required – complex data manipulation and report design
- Deep understanding of HR business processes and practices
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and superior analytical skills
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a fast pace, quickly growing environment
- Strong communications skills, including both written and verbal
- Resourcefulness and ability to work autonomously and independently
- Sound judgment – knows when to escalate issues
- Ability to summarize insights and make recommendations
- Ability to manage diverse work streams and multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.