Institutional Services Analyst/Associate
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $115 billion in assets under management (as of September 30, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle Investments is seeking an Institutional Services Analyst/Associate to join their Institutional and International Wealth Management (IWM) team, to support the business development and client service efforts. The Analyst/Associate will support the Head of Institutional and IWM Services and other team members with ongoing client requests from colleagues, clients, prospects, and consultants. In addition to working with members of the Institutional and IWM team, the Analyst/Associate is expected to work collaboratively with other internal teams at First Eagle, including Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, and the Investment teams. This position will provide the Analyst/Associate with broad exposure to the institutional investment management business and the investment strategies offered by First Eagle Investments.
What you will do:
- Manage the subscription and redemption processes for separate accounts, mutual funds, and private funds
- Assist and back up Head of Institutional and IWM Services in client onboardings and terminations
- Track Institutional team flows
- Link new client accounts to data warehouse and First Eagle Investments Operations team
- Ensure details for new client accounts are reflected accurately and promptly
- Manage the process for client audit requests
- Ensure most all client documents and needed documents for client support (ADVs, W-9s, PPMs, etc.) are appropriately retained and accessible
- Maintain Institutional client portal and coordinate with the Relationship Management team and Institutional assistants to update client distribution list
- Assist Head of Institutional and IWM Services with meeting organization and support for internal and external parties
- Provide ongoing client support responding to client queries in a timely manner
- Resolve client-related issues by collaborating and strategizing with relevant internal teams, including Sales, Portfolio Operations, Investor Relations, Finance, Legal and Compliance
- Handle coordination of new Investment Management Agreements, side letters, Subscription Agreements and Amendments while tracking existing contractual obligations
- Track, analyze and report key financial metrics to upper management, including, but not limited to client inflows and outflows, assets under management, pipeline data and Institutional team priorities
- Document and maintain Institutional and IWM Services procedures
- Manage Institutional and IWM Services Salesforce service requests and reporting
The qualities you should have:
- An undergraduate degree in finance, business, or related field
- At least one year of financial services experience, ideally in institutional asset management; operations background a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- A collegial and collaborative team player
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive outlook and can-do attitude
- A strong sense of personal accountability
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character
Base Salary range: $75,000 to $95,000. In addition, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus. Compensation may vary based upon, but not limited to – the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
We value our people and offer a broad range of benefits. We provide generous paid time-off, medical/dental/vision healthcare plans, 401(k) retirement and profit-sharing plans, a flexible/hybrid work environment, “dress for the day” flexible work attire, and many more great benefits.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.