Business Development Consultant – Wires
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability. If this sounds right for you, please take a look at our open roles today.
Who we are looking for:
The Business Development Consultant will focus primarily on call campaigns, Zoom meetings, and additional virtual mediums to help financial advisors build their businesses and increase AUM. They will strategically manage their territory providing insight, advice, practice management ideas and product updates to registered representatives.
What you will do:
- This person must have excellent communication skills to convey the First Eagle investment philosophy and product suite to financial advisors within the Wires channel
- Must have research and analytical capabilities; research competitor products, gain a high proficiency in those products, and understand how those products will interact with the overall composition of our clients’ portfolios – specifically, SMAs, BDCs, and other liquid alternatives
- Participate in internal roundtable discussions and feedback sessions, increasing industry knowledge and product expertise
- Efficiently utilize analytic tools (i.e. Y-Charts, Morningstar Direct) to supplement presentations with financial advisors
- Work with External Sales Directors and their Internal Wholesalers to generate and handoff potential leads
The qualities you should have:
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of sales experience preferably within the financial services industry
- Demonstrate relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment
- Must have working knowledge and expertise of mutual funds, ETF’s, Separately Managed Accounts, and alternative products
- Strong analytical time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, high-activity environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to meet business needs
- Prioritizing work to ensure that the largest opportunities are executed on
- Use segmentation information provided to focus on the opportunities with the greatest future potential in each territory
- CAIA/CFA/CFP preferred
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.