Account Manager, Institutional and International Wealth Solutions
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $124 billion in assets under management (as of December 31, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity, and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking an Account Manager to join their Institutional and International Wealth Solutions Team. The primary responsibility will be to cover the UK wholesale market, helping to develop the firm’s footprint in this space. The colleague will be expected to support select institutional relationships. Plus, they will be expected to contribute to the enhancement of First Eagle’s broad international presence in the context of a globally integrated team effort, with colleagues in Munich and New York.
What you will do:
- Help develop and execute local wholesale marketing and distribution strategy for the UK covering wealth managers, private banks, and multi-manager platforms
- In keeping with a team approach to client management, take on back-up account management responsibilities on select institutional clients
- Understand and communicate First Eagle’s investment strategies
- Lead with onboarding of new clients, both institutional and wealth management, onto the firm’s recently established ICAV platform
- Understand the competitive landscape and participate in the product development and long-term strategic planning
- Strong team player and engage with First Eagle colleagues to make an impact outside the direct areas of responsibility and participate in the broader success of the firm
- Act as a local “face of the firm” and participate in roadshows, events, conferences to strengthen the First Eagle brand and visibility
- Maintain updated information in the team’s CRM system ensuring accurate information on meeting activities, distribution lists and pipeline status
The qualities you should have:
- Strong academic background in business, economics, finance, or related field; MBA, Master’s in Finance, and/or CFA preferred
- Deep knowledge of the investment management industry and competitive landscape
- Experience working in a multi-cultural business, with multi-cultural clients
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience which includes a business development background in the asset management industry focused on UK wholesale
- Readiness to be based in London and travel regularly within the UK
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful–someone who “makes it happen” with a “can-do” attitude
- A collegial and collaborative team player
- Strong sense of personal accountability
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.