Product Management Analyst
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/30/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a Product Management Analyst to conduct insightful competitive research and analysis to help position First Eagle strategies and vehicles effectively in the Marketplace.
What you will do:
- Connect the distribution and investment elements of the organization by serving as a de facto an extension of the IR and Investment teams through advanced product knowledge and messaging capacities.
- Analyze market data to identify trends and opportunities for specific investment products to help drive the marketing and product strategy.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product management effort across the entire product line, with an emphasis on positioning and differentiating our products relative to leading peers.
- Respond to product inquiries from external and internal wholesalers, institutional and international wealth sales teams, as well as other business partners across the organization.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to develop, enhance or update product support materials and sales literature.
- Generate analytical reports, data content, and competitive analyses using Morningstar, Evestment, FactSet, Lipper, Bloomberg, Preqin, YCharts, and other data systems.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis supporting strategic corporate growth initiatives of the firm
The qualities you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or some related field. MBA, and/or industry designations (CFA, CFP, CIMA, CAIA) a plus
- At least 3 years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management, Investment Management or Research experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills; ability to manage vertically and horizontally across multiple channels/workflows
- Attention to detail a critical requirement
- Collaborative; client-first mindset
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Morningstar, Evestment, Strategic Insight, Factset, Lipper, Bloomberg, Preqin, and YCharts.
- Must be able to draw effective conclusions from large quantities of data; Working knowledge of Python, C++, SQL, VBA preferred. Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills are critical to success.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for financial markets.
- This role is an internal role but may offer prospect and client engagement opportunities over time
- FINRA Series 7, 63/66 designations a plus
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.