What we do:
First Eagle Alternative Credit (FEAC) is a leading manager of direct lending and tradable credit investment products, with approximately $21 billion of assets under management (as of September 30, 2022). FEAC advises a full range of public and private investment vehicles, including a business development company, interval fund, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), separately managed accounts and comingled funds. FEAC is the alternative capital platform of First Eagle Investments, an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York City with $94 billion of assets under management (as of September 30, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, First Eagle has sought to generate attractive real returns for clients over the long term, a tradition that remains central to our mission today. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle Alternative Credit is seeking an Operations Manager for its Chicago location. The person will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring of assets in a variety of CLO and total return accounts. The successful candidate will work closely with accounting, compliance, front office and custodians in a dynamic environment to ensure accurate and timely processing of data. The individual will demonstrate high technical expertise, problem-solving skills and excellent customer service for their internal clients.
What you will do:
- Review processes and implement changes / process enhancements across the asset operations team to help increase overall team efficacy
- Enhance, report and monitor KPI’s and risk metrics across the asset operations and broadly syndicated trade closing teams to Head of Operations and internal Risk Management Committee members
- Assist asset operations team in reviewing complicated deal restructurings and confirm processing in Wall Street Office is done accurately
- Assist with implementation of applications for operations teams including, but not limited to, automated reconciliation and security master
- Manage data project deadlines across different business lines which the asset operations team is responsible for
- Act as point of escalation for broadly syndicated trade closing team
- Ensure asset operations team is responding to inquiries timely and accurately
- Ensure SOC1 controls are followed and assist in yearly audit deliverables
- Undergraduate degree
- 5-10 years of relevant Management experience in Banking/Financial Services, specialization in bank loans is preferred
- Working experience and knowledge of risk management and mitigation is required
- Leadership and organizational skills to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Experience with Wall Street Office is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic with ability to take initiative
- Ability to manage time constraints and excellent attention to detail
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) and First Eagle Alternative Credit, LLC (FEAC) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM/FEAC, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief (including dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.