What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $124 billion in assets under management (as of December 31, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity, and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a Financial Writer to join the New York-based Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Strategic Communications. This high-visibility role is integral to the firm’s marketing, sales, client service and retention, and branding goals.
What you will do:
- Conceive, research, write and edit engaging short- and long-form content—including thought leadership papers, portfolio commentaries, product brochures, web copy and other materials—for distribution to intermediaries and institutions worldwide; scope of coverage includes both traditional and alternative asset classes, with a particular emphasis on alternatives
- Manage writing projects from origination to completion; seek continuous improvement through the application of qualitative feedback and usage data post-publication
- Develop highly collaborative relationships with individuals across the organization, including other marketing professionals, portfolio managers/research analysts, distribution teams, performance and compliance
- Partner with internal design and digital resources to enhance content experience and drive audience engagement
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree or industry certification (CFA, CAIA, etc.) is a plus
- 10+ years of experience creating investment-related content within the financial services industry; experience in equity, fixed income and alternatives is essential; a background in specialized capabilities like ESG, closed-end funds and retirement investing is a plus
- Deep understanding of capital markets, macroeconomics, investment products and distribution channels, and the ability to communicate this knowledge convincingly—both in writing and verbally
- Excellent writing, storytelling, research and data-visualization skills, and a superior facility with the principles of language and grammar
- Ability to distill complex financial concepts into digestible content—in both short and long formats—for audiences of varying levels of sophistication
- Excellent project management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting rigorous deadlines
- Collegial team player with a demonstrated history of establishing credibility with colleagues through reliability, integrity and judgment
- Proven sense of personal accountability and commitment to quality
- Vigilant attention to detail and adherence to house style
- Adept with standard workplace technology and tools, including Microsoft Office applications; experience with more specialized systems (Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.) a plus
Base Salary range: $120,000 to $150,000. In addition, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus. Compensation may vary based upon, but not limited to – the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
We value our people and offer a broad range of benefits. We provide generous paid time-off, medical/dental/vision healthcare plans, 401(k) retirement and profit-sharing plans, a flexible/hybrid work environment, “dress for the day” flexible work attire, and many more great benefits.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.