Small Cap Research Analyst
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion in assets under management (as of 3/31/22). Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental, benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid the permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, private credit, and multi-asset strategies.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
The First Eagle Small Cap team is seeking a Research Analyst to join our New York-based team. The team is well-established and has a history of working together to deliver attractive returns to clients through an opportunistic, bottom-up approach to investing in small cap stocks. We welcome candidates who are early in their career and eager to grow in the role.
What you will do:
- Perform detailed financial analysis and modeling in support of the portfolio managers, assistant portfolio managers and senior research analysts
- Conduct primary research
- Analyze and understand business models through document driven analysis
- Recast financial statements to focus on true economic earnings, margin of safety and intrinsic value
- Attend investment meetings with senior management
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree with 1-5 years of experience as an analyst in investment banking, private equity, or accounting
- Superb analytical ability and attention to detail
- Solid accounting capabilities and passion for digging through the documents
- Strong modeling skills and a firm grasp of a variety of valuation methods
- High level of intellectual honesty, humility, and critical thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and deadlines
- A collegial and collaborative team player who can partner with a wide range of investors, including all of the Small Cap team’s equity-oriented research analysts and portfolio managers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.