Vice President, IT Enterprise Applications
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Vice President, Enterprise Applications (EA), reporting to the Chief Information Officer, will lead the go-forward strategy and operations for development, implementation, and management of enterprise application initiatives. The Vice President is responsible for providing a standard, scalable, and sustainable foundation for enabling business solutions in service to the Feeding America home office and 200-member Food Banks.
Salary Range: $150,000 to $195,000+ Based on Experience
- Provide technology vision and leadership for the development and implementation of Enterprise Application (EA) initiatives.
- Demonstrate executive-level thought leadership, strategic business development, technical innovation, and financial and operational planning for the Enterprise Applications organization.
- Strategize and plan with the different departments to ensure there are clear goals and accountability in line with the business objectives and organization mission.
- Manage existing EA technology programs, products, and services for all lines of business, including the CRM, ERP life-cycle, cloud platforms, application integrations, and third-party software as a service (SAAS) management.
- Lead strategic technological planning as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve organizational goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of the EA roadmap and execution of prioritized and approved projects.
- Manage the expenses (operating and capital) for IT Enterprise Application budgets in conjunction with the finance to ensure all funding requests follow the appropriate governance processes.
- Ensure compliance with IT quality and security processes and procedures, identifying and addressing any compliance issues.
- Manage third-party vendors and resources and ensure value-add for deployment on prioritized initiatives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global, state and federal laws and regulations related to data privacy and overall compliance.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee, and embracing our mission, vision, and core values.
- Manage outside vendors and contractors to ensure performance expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Define and lead the organization’s Architecture Review Board (ARB) for validating and recommending solutions for the enterprise through a set of standard processes to manage outcome and future decision making, ensuring that new and changes to existing systems are consistent in supporting strategic and business & financial objectives of the enterprise.
- Travel: Moderate - Up to 20%.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
- Establishes Vision & Crafts Strategy: Develop strategic initiatives and create a supporting portfolio of projects that drives execution of organization strategy and operating goals. Create process and structure to build organization alignment and drive effective strategic execution. Build initiatives and projects to solve complex problems and address long term challenges/opportunities.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Understands and promotes process and structure to facilitate collaboration. Identifies key stakeholders and ensures collaboration occurs between departments, across the Network and with external partners through words and actions and by removing barriers when necessary. Collaborates and models positive engagement resolving issues and elevating conversations to focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Utilizes performance management processes to focus department on measurable results and promote accountability at the team and individual level for delivering against agreed upon goals. Holds self and others to high standards. Pushes decision making authority to the lowest possible level by establishing clear goals, proving supportive coaching and direct feedback.
- Drives Change: Diagnoses challenges looking at political and systemic barriers to change. Leverages data-based observation, interpretation and intervention to engage stakeholders in shaping and implementing solutions. Mobilizes the organization through effective interventions orchestrating dialogue and productive conflict to drive movement through the change process.
- Coaches & Develops Talent & Teams: Leverages talent management processes to develop talent for the department. Coaches and mentors talent with a focus on creating growth opportunities and providing regular, constructive, feedback to direct reports and others as appropriate. Demonstrates personal commitment to talent development through active involvement in all phases of the talent management cycle including recruiting, performance, development and compensation.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in IT with enterprise-scale business systems including implementing large-scale application systems utilizing a variety of database technologies and hardware platforms.
- Five plus years experience in selection, implementation and support of ERP and CRM technologies (preferred systems NetSuite, MS Dynamics, Salesforce).
- Must be a strategic and data-oriented leader, with a successful track record of customer and consumer value creation, and a strong customer service mindset.
- Proven experience managing software vendors and contract requirements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects serving multiple constituencies and sponsors.
- Deep subject matter expertise in supply chain operations, automation and IT operations.
- Experience with companies with distributed operations and can understand the complexities of integrating a successful data driven connected enterprise.
- Familiarity with multiple development methodologies including agile preferred; Understand existing and emerging cloud technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing technical architecture standards and integrations best practices.
- Technology background preferred including technical certifications.