Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Salesforce Developer will be the primary technical developer and heavily involved in maintaining applications deployed within Feeding America’s donor management CRM (NGO Connect, based on Salesforce platform). This individual will coordinate specifications and deliverables with business partners plus design, assess, code, configure and troubleshoot NGOC (Salesforce). They will participate in system testing to ensure successful delivery to the business in a timely and accurate fashion.
Salary Range: $80,000 to $95,000+ Based on Experience
- Design, develop and maintain business specifics within Feeding America’s Salesforce Orgs, in conjunction with internal staff and external partners, with attention to long-term organizational needs.
- Participate in all aspects of Salesforce releases, including feature review and impact analysis, planning, designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting, and documenting.
- Develop bug fixes and functionality for FANO’s main donor management Salesforce system (NGOC), as well as related Salesforce applications, such as Drawloop (Nintex), Rollup Helper, FormAssembly and others.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions & best practices in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage.
- Assist Salesforce administrators with the configuration and support of the Salesforce Orgs, as well as related Salesforce applications.
- Create and perform testing and validation processes, including UAT and Quality Assurance, in Salesforce and integrated systems.
- Train, inform, and support users regarding system functionality, enhancements, system configuration and best practices.
- Assist in managing live production activity and participate in efforts to resolve production incidents.
- Take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- May contribute to internal technical change management best practices in CRM applications.
- Travel: Minimal - a few trips annually.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Leverages advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Uses professional experience to fix processes and make improvements to practices, policies, and procedures. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Seeks input and resolves issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Continuously Improves: Analyzes current practices, policies, and procedures to find areas for improvement and incorporate best practices. Leverages continuous improvement tools and mindset when designing and implementing projects and processes. Committed to team and personal learning.
- Communicates Effectively: Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and formal presentation settings.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Sets clear goals focused on measurable results and holds self and others accountable for delivering against agreed upon goals. Maintains high standards for self and others and provides supportive coaching and direct feedback.
- Five plus years experience in Salesforce Developer experience:
- Clear understanding of declarative tools available within Salesforce – validation rules, approval processes, workflows
- Well versed with Profiles, Permission Sets and Role Hierarchy
- Working experience with Apex
- Well versed with Visualforce (Page, Component & Controllers), Apex Triggers, Batch Apex, Apex Classes, Apex Test Classes
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator and/or Certified Developer a plus.
- Experience with complex Salesforce implementations and integrations.
- Working understanding of business tools and platforms (familiarity with NetSuite, Informatica, SharePoint, and/or Tableau a plus).
- Experience working within SDLC, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience at working effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Preferred experience:
- Familiarity with NGO Connect (NGOC)
- Experience with Blackbaud/Convio Luminate Online/EveryAction
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.