Manager, Philanthropy Systems & Data Management (Remote)
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
Feeding America is the nation’s largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the United States. Our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. Learn more about Feeding America here.
This position is fully remote.The Opportunity
The Manager, Philanthropy Systems and Data Management will manage development and marketing operational analytics, helping to translate strategy to define data capture and analytics needs; serve as subject matter expert for multi-channel direct marketing backend operations; and define and oversee data management processes required for fundraising effectiveness.
Here at Feeding America national organization, equity is central to our mission and is an integral part of our compensation policies and structures. Historically, systemic racism and sexism in all aspects of our society, including compensation practices, has led to pay inequities that negatively impact people of color, women, and especially women of color. These practices include basing salary offers on previous compensation and negotiating salary offers. As such, we maintain transparent salary ranges and clearly defined practices for how our team, including new hire salary offers, moves through these ranges. You can expect us to offer the best salary up front based on these clearly defined pay practices with little room for negotiation. The salary range listed below represents the starting to mid-point salaries for positions and comparable roles at this level at our organization and candidates should expect to be offered a salary near the starting point of the range that is listed on the job posting. We make exceptions for highly experienced (multiple years of at-level experience) new hires in accordance with our pay practices. Once hired, employees have the opportunity to progress through salary ranges via regular merit increases and step promotions.
Salary Range: $79,000 to $100,000+ Based on Experience
Direct Marketing Campaign Operations
- Serve as subject matter expert related to backend data segmentation and criteria of direct marketing campaigns and ongoing jobs. Develop, disseminate, and maintain business documentation and ensure compliance with business rules related to all Direct Marketing and Digital operations processes to be used by vendors of the constituent database.
- Collaborate with Marketing agencies, IT partners, and internal Marketing and Development stakeholders to help facilitate both regular maintenance and ad-hoc changes specific to ongoing jobs and related data activities.
- Manage and lead requested operational reporting and analytics projects, using visualization tools to drive insights from complex data.
- Build expertise of underlying data architecture of Feeding America’s configuration of Salesforce, as well as the accompanying data warehouse, especially in the areas of donations, campaigns, data integration with online CRM system, and various data and analytic configurations within the system.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to inform best practices on SQL and reporting related to Marketing, Development, Finance, and donor data specific to related systems, including our General Ledger datafeed.
Ongoing Data & Systems Operations
- Manage and onboard direct reports, including creating training and orientation materials. Ensure oversight of assigned tasks and responsibilities by maintaining document statuses and timelines.
- Manage all quality control processes needed to maintain high levels of data hygiene for fundraising effectiveness. Includes working with stakeholders to identify the impact on the organization, partnering with internal partners, problem solving to identify QC measures that should be established, developing and documenting processes and either implementing or overseeing the implementation of new and existing processes.
- Define, scope, and collaborate on team projects, system upgrades, and migrations, while working with cross-departmental stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback on final outputs for deliverables.
- Other responsibilities, projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience as a user or manager of a fundraising CRM or of database solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work effectively with technical staff, non-technical staff, all levels of management, and partners.
- Experience with record maintenance and data hygiene across the database systems.
- 6+ years of professional team experience or related experience working in direct marketing, data integrity and operations, or philanthropy operations, preferably at a non-profit organization.
- Experience using a database system either in a philanthropy, financial, or sales environment with relevant experience with Salesforce NGOC/NPSP a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work effectively with technical staff, non-technical staff, all levels of management, and partners as required.
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and follow-up.
- Advanced SQL programming with experience and ability to utilize best practice and offer and teach coding solutions when required.
- Proficiency and Knowledge of Tableau and Dashboard Creation and Operational Analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel with experience in pivot tables and macro creation.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Constructs project plans aligned with organization and department strategies and priorities. Makes data- and fact-based decisions aligned with department and organizational strategy. Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy.
- Manages for Results / Delegates Effectively: Holds self and others accountable for meeting measurable goals and performance expectations. Identifies multiple ways to achieve results, takes decisive action, and brings projects to completion in the timeline expected. Establishes regular status checks to maintain and report progress toward goals. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to others. Engages those closest to a situation to make decisions or recommendations.
- Understands our 'Business': Uses knowledge of how Feeding America and the not-for-profit services industry work to navigate the organization and get things done. Operates with an awareness of interdependencies between own department/team and others in the organization. Maintains knowledge of, and relationships with, key stakeholders external to the department.
- Communicates Effectively: Conveys clear and effective messages using verbal and written communication within individual, small group, and formal presentation settings. Communicates project/operating priorities and updates to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors, and other groups. Responds positively to requests to share information while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive content. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally: Forms and sustains effective working relationships that accelerate goal achievement by reaching out to and engaging people from other functions or from outside the organization. Coordinates projects and plans with others within and outside of own area to ensure the work goes smoothly. Pursues networking opportunities and encourages others to form new relationships that benefit all parties. Handles conflict directly and adeptly, respecting all points of view, and resolves issues to create a united path forward.