Marketing Analyst – Supply and Demand Strategy
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Marketing Analyst – Supply and Demand Strategy
Location: The Bower, 211 Old Street London EC1V 9NR
Reporting to: Head of Marketing Commercial Strategy and Pricing
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 24 days’ holiday, birthday day off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, private medical & dental insurance, childcare vouchers + more
Hours of work: To be added
About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative. Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
You will be joining a new team dedicated to optimizing marketplace performance. The team will work closely coordinating across supply, marketing and tech to ensure that we are getting the right supply and making sure we make it seamless for the customer to buy it on site and via our marketing channels. This is an extremely cross-functional role that requires both strong commercial and analytical skills as well as project management and people skills.
You will be contributing to company-wide strategic decision making / trading actions fueled by rigorous data analysis. The types of analysis / projects we will undertake to understand marketplace optimisation are wide-ranging and can include product analytics (eg customer journey, conversion rate, product / tech performance) to marketing analytics (eg diagnosing drivers of over / under performance by marketing channel, google analytics diagnostics) to supply / pricing analytics. The goal of this will be to understand actionable insights that are either quick wins to improve performance or to inform / scope business cases with our tech team to develop new tools to trade and optimize the marketplace over the medium / long-term. This will be a highly impactful, high visibility role within the business.
Executing on the role will involve working closely with other analysts, the data science team as well as relevant business stakeholders and being a core part of the bi-weekly Supply and Demand trading meeting.
What You’ll do:
- You will take vast amounts of data in raw formats and translate into digestible insights
- You will gain buy-in and understanding from product owners and business managers
- You will work with website analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others as necessary
- You will ensure the accuracy of data and reports to ensure the highest quality of standards
- You will work with development team to scope out and implement new reports and tools
Who You Are:
- You have excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- You are experienced in product / marketing / finance / commercial analysis in the ecommerce/digital space
- You are interested in understanding a highly complex business model and keen to make a sizable impact on the business through recommendations
- You are experienced using excel and sql. Experience with Tableau / Looker / Google Analytics would also be a plus
- You have a degree with a strong focus on economics, business, statistics and/or data mining, the successful candidate will likely have an advanced degree in this area
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You have a working knowledge of BI, data warehousing etc.
- You are flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- You are Commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics and targets
- You are able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of fashion and /or luxury fashion in a retail environment is a bonus
This candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be responsible for both strategy as well as execution. This role is ideal for anyone who is highly self-motivated and passionate about data analysis, insights and customer behaviour.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.