We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
We're at the business end of one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Our global Finance function is predominantly based in both Porto and London with a presence in all of our global regions. We have a team of over 50 people in our Portugal office, who focus mainly on financial accounting, reporting and operations, with our commercial presence growing also. In the UK our Group Finance is made up of Group Reporting, Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance/ Business Partnering.
All of the teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, involvement in strategic projects and telling our story with data! All Finance sub-teams work closely together to provide an excellent all round support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
Reporting to the accounting manager, you will be responsible for the accounting coordination of one of our key companies. You will have an important role for the accountancy of our company, working together with the whole team to achieve the goals for the monthly closing and reporting, while contributing to build and maintain a robust framework of internal controls.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all finance and accounting operations, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate;
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes;
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements for internal reporting purposes and quarterly financial statements for external reporting purposes;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting, while building and maintaining a robust framework of internal control;
- Work with other members of the accounting department to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties;
- Assist with tax and VAT preparation, audits, and identifying and resolving discrepancies;
- Manage all ledger accounts reconciliation making sure that the Trial Balance is complete and accurate;
- Participate actively in the management and coaching of more junior members of the department;
- Participate in meetings and guarantee appropriate progress.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years functional experienced in a finance department, combined with some experience with team management and leadership;
- Degreed in accounting, economics or similar education profile;
- Experienced of data entry and data management in a high volume environment;
- Have good knowledge of accounts receivables, accounts payable processes and general accounting procedures;
- A self-motivated individual, with high degree of judgment and good decision-making skills;
- Proficient in conveying information efficiently and across departments;
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken is mandatory;
- Able to work well, both independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision;
- Have knowledge of spreadsheet software and basic computer systems- Microsoft AX will be a plus;
- Have good time management skills and capability to work under pressure;
- Accurate in numeric skills and have attention to detail;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility, accountability and autonomy.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.