SEO Executive (Japanese Speaking)
Made up of experts in the field from a variety of different industries, they are responsible for working across all of our global markets. They make sure our presence remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting us apart from our competitors and ensuring we are always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to take on organic search planning and delivery for the Farfetch site in Japan. The role will be relatively broad covering all aspects of on-site and off-site SEO, and you will have autonomy to make your own decisions and to prioritise tasks in accordance with what you think is appropriate to meet SEO targets in the market. Some of your responsibilities will include content optimisation, competitor audits, tech recommendations, influencer outreach and content creation. You will also be the primary contact for any third party agencies.
We are looking for keen, creative professionals that have a genuine interest in SEO to join a fast-paced, dynamic team.
What you’ll do:
- You will create market-specific SEO tactics for Japan to drive local implementation of the global strategy and support the SEO Manager and in creation and implementation of a market-specific SEO strategy
- You will own independent optimisation plans through analysis of search engine and user data and inform day-to-day prioritisation of work according to opportunity
- You will localise the company’s global approach based on day to day market observation and in line with global and local brand campaigns and promotions
- You will create an SEO content strategy for the region off the back of the global SEO strategy, and, with the support of the SEO manager and local content team, own ongoing SEO content updates and SEO-driven content projects and campaigns
- You will monitor the organic performance of Farfetch in Japan to understand the effectiveness of each initiative and generate monthly reports explaining results
- You will identify competitors in the market and monitor their SEO efforts, incorporating learnings into your own strategy
- You will act as the primary contact for internal teams and external agencies in Japan ensuring all work is delivered on time as per specific project plans, including
- The creation and maintenance of a keyword strategy looking at all important areas of the Farfetch business
- The creation of meta data and on-page content for required pages in Japanese
- Delivery of data and insights to support local link building initiatives
- You will hold regular updates with stakeholders sharing your plans and explaining results
- You will work alongside social media and PR teams for the market understanding where collaborations and opportunity may be found
- You will help think of creative campaign ideas for the SEO team that can then be utilised to help build links and increase organic performance
- You will generate outreach and link building ideas as a way to build relationships with influencers and bloggers in Japan
- You will implement regular tests and present back to the digital marketing team your findings on a monthly basis
Who you are:
- You are a confident SEO Executive with a good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in Japan looking to take the next step in your career
- You have a proven track record of delivering organic growth for a website targeting audiences in Japan, preferably in the fashion or ecommerce sectors or in an adjacent luxury space
- You speak Japanese at native speaker level and are proficient in English
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to adapt your style to your target audience
- You have a good understanding of on-page and off-page SEO techniques
- You are able to work to a brief with clear deadlines but also to work independently
- You are an excellent team player, able to work with your peers in a collaborative manner and leverage the diverse skills of the group to achieve your common goals
- You have a good understanding of the wider fashion industry, including knowledge of fashion ecommerce sites, blogs and fashion magazines in Japan
- You have an in-depth understanding of your target audience and understand what language, content and concepts will turn Google users into Farfetch customers
- You are experienced using Google Analytics and SEO reporting
- You have previously worked with some of these SEO tools; Screaming Frog, Botify, SEMRush, Advanced Web Rankings, Search Metrics, Moz and Google Analytics
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.