Direct Tax Manager
FARFETCH’s tax team has global reach to all the Group tax affairs' and is growing on a fast pace.
The team – divided between Porto and London – with both English and Portuguese specialists aims to provide top class in-house consultancy services and maximize the relevance of tax function within FARFETCH.
Excellent opportunity for a Direct Tax Manager looking to join a fast growing global business and be part of a dynamic Global Tax team.
What You’ll do:
- Support the preparation and review of Portugal (PT) Corporate Income Tax (CIT) and Personal Income Tax (PIT) compliance processes and requirements.
- Manage and supervise the PT Direct Tax team.
- Provide direct tax support to the PT Indirect Tax, Finance, Legal, People teams and other business functions when required.
- Deal with any audits and enquires on direct tax issues.
- Work with the Group’s and PT professional advisors on tax reporting matters.
- Support the UK based Head of Tax in providing tax advice on global business matters and projects including Transfer Pricing, Share schemes and Tax Incentives.
- Prepare and maintain tax risk assessment across all areas of PT direct tax and ensure that adequate controls are in place to address direct tax risks and aligned to the Group’s global tax strategy.
- Remediate any tax control weaknesses and work with other areas of finance/the business to ensure that appropriate procedures are in place.
Who You Are:
- A professional who has the backing of a master degree in Tax / Corporate law and/or relevant professional qualifications
- A professional with an international experience (study / work) and Big 4 training (strongly preferable but not essential)
- An Experienced Team Leader
- A Strong communicator at all levels, with an ability to translate technical language clearly to non-technical audiences, and influence at all levels of the business.
- A professional with strong management skills and a team player able to work collaboratively with other areas of the business.
- An inquisitive/creative thinker who understands the wider business impact of tax decisions and can help find solutions to enable the business to grow successfully.
- Assertive, pro-active and results driven who can demonstrate good business sense and judgment.
- A professional that must be able to prioritise workload and conflicting demands.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships