About the team:
Fully aligned to our Marketing vertical, the Konnekt team is part of a vision to build a highly autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to rapidly deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects.
You will be an integral part of our Data Engineering team, being responsible for helping build, maintain and improve our data warehouse and BI architecture and tools.
Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you’ll do:
- You will design and build scalable & reliable data pipelines (ETLs) for our data platform.
- You will constantly evolve data models & schema design of our data warehouse to support our business’ self-service needs.
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices.
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- You have experience in building and maintaining data pipelines in a custom or commercial ETL tool(SSIS, Talend, Informatica, etc).
- You have in a Data Warehouse environment with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases, Hadoop, and Column Store.
- You have experience in SQL
- You have experience in creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics.
- You have basic knowledge of Hadoop/Big Data ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark).
- You have experience in a multi-cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS).
- You have experience in continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests.
- You have skills in one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Python.
- You have experience working with a BI reporting tool (Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Looker).
- You have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast moving operational environment and you are enthusiastic and with a positive attitude.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.