Corporate Development Manager
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
Corporate Development team is at the intersection of Finance and Strategy departments, with a mission to support Farfetch to become “THE platform for Luxury” by assisting the Leadership Team in developing corporate strategy and managing acquisitions, investments and other chosen strategic relationships.
About the role:
Based in London and reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will have the opportunity to work in an incredibly cross-functional role, helping to evolve and scale Farfetch business from a Corporate Finance and Strategy angle.
The Corporate Development team has been established since November 2016 and is one of the most cross-functional teams at Farfetch. Through heavy involvement in Corporate and Financial Strategy, M&A, investments and partnerships, the team is working to deliver Farfetch’s most strategic, cross-functional, and high impact internal and external projects.
What you’ll do:
- You will work within the Corporate Development team to support executive decision making about strategic and tactical initiatives. As well, you provide effective resource allocation when taking into account other available opportunities and ROI
- You will take charge of project management and seamless execution of corporate development transactions
- You will continuously monitor the peer group, identify industry trends and value creation opportunities to maximize shareholder value
- You will develop robust financial models for new internal FF business as well as for assessing external businesses
- You will develop comprehensive investment theses with a solid assessment of RoI
- You will support the Identification and management of a pipeline of acquisition and partnership opportunities in line with FF Strategic objectives, working collaboratively with internal business units
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent required (MBA is a plus but not a requirement) Ideally with a degree in Economics, Business or Engineering
- You have experience in Corporate Finance/Strategy/Management Consulting experience
- You have solid Project Management experience essential with Professional project management accreditation is a plus (Prince2, Agile, PMI)
- You have strong financial modelling skills as well as business and data analysis skills
- You have a proven track record of successfully implementing high profile strategic projects, managing multiple projects/deadlines and multitasking with ease
- You have the ability to work autonomously
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal, able to communicate/influence/negotiate easily and effectively across stakeholders from team members to executive management
- You are highly proficient at Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint)
- You have the ability to concisely and logically communicate insights or arguments, whether verbally (including in meetings), in writing or through Executive-level, professional presentations.
- You have a positive, collaborative and engaging approach to working with colleagues
- You have a serious can-do attitude, proactive in issue and risk resolution.
- You are motivated to take the lead on structuring often-ambiguous problems to enable creative, effective, and efficient solutions. This will leave to help scale our business and support the overall goal of creating a world class Corporate Development team at Farfetch
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.