We are looking for an Engineering Manager to be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team and be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.
You’ll be a point of contact for the different stakeholders in the projects that your teams (cluster) will be working on, as well as entitled to participate in roadmap definition and completion.
On the other hand, you will have to be people driven, since you’ll be responsible to make your teams grow in terms of expertise and career.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as coach and manager of a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds (back end developers, UI developers, QA’s, Release Engineers, etc.);
- Build or coordinate the building of an overall Plan of the resource assignments and workload of different team members as their unit works on its different responsibilities (new projects, sustaining live initiatives, pilot new technologies, etc.);
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and supports the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the Product Structure (Product Owners) to receive information about Planned Roadmap, transform roadmap into an execution plan and continuously engaged with the Product structure to keep them appraised of the execution status;
- Coordinate/Collaborate in the Coordination of the hiring, training and development plan creation and execution for engineers within managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes.
- Graduated in Information Systems or related field;
- A professional with previous consolidated experiences in an Engineering Management, Projects Managements or Program Management function;
- A professional with proven solid technical background, working with or leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- Capable to act as a Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies, methodologies and development processes within the managed team;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization;
- A professional with excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- A professional with good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Experienced in Engineering Management roles in Large Scale Product Development organizations is a strong differentiating factor;
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team (ideally);
- Knowledgeable of the Scrum methodology (ideally).