Private Client Manager - Beijing
You’ll be responsible for leading a team of Private Client Stylists, who value the relationships they build with our most valuable clients, motivating them to achieve and exceed individual sales and company commercial targets. Your team will contribute to our growth and ambition to be the number one luxury fashion player. In this role, you’ll develop a unique skillset as you partner with functional leaders to design and implement the Farfetch Private Client strategy, aiming to engage and drive customer loyalty. Through a variety of engagement and selling activities, you’ll ensure a seamless, exceptional luxury shopping experience for our top tier customers.
The ideal profile is someone with strong commercial acumen, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion, and experience of managing sales turnover. You’ll have the capability to develop strategies and actions to enable the achievement of sales targets, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural leader, committed to developing and motivating your team to create a high performance culture.
What You’ll do
- You’ll collaborate with the Director of Sales to translate the department strategy into operational and tactical plans, to be executed by your team.
- You’ll analyse, manage and review selling activity and KPI’s (including but not limited to sales reports, client books, client acquisitions) for your team and region, continuously reviewing performance against set objectives, identifying potential efficiency improvements and determining solutions for at-risk areas.
- You’ll build, lead, motivate and develop your team, providing guidance and direction to help improve their sales techniques and clienteling with new, existing and lapsed Private Clients, to grow and retain our top clients.
- You’ll manage the commission reporting of your team to the People team, ensuring accuracy and timely payment processing.
- You’ll partner with functional leaders and teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to aggressively grow our Private Client portfolio.
- You’ll keep abreast of competitor Private Client sales strategies, updating the team to identify learning opportunities.
- You’ll organize and host client engagement activities (e.g. meals, events, styling appointments, shopping experiences, etc.) within your assigned geographic region.
- You’ll attend brand events to aid business development and act as a Farfetch brand ambassador.
- You’ll define and manage budgets for your areas, controlling associated costs.
- You’ll take the lead on projects, as and when required.
Who You Are
- You’ll have proven experience in luxury fashion sales in a global organisation, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets, and motivating a team to exceed targets.
- You’ll have experience of contributing to, and executing on, business strategy to achieve overall organisation goals.
- You’ll ideally have an intermediate understanding of basic marketing and events.
- You’ll be a natural leader with experience of people management, coaching and developing a team to build a high performance culture.
- You’ll have deep knowledge of current, international fashion trends, fashion designers and products, and the wants and needs of luxury customers.
- You’ll bring an existing strong client book, with an elite list of clients.
- You’ll ideally have experience of managing projects to deliver on time, in scope and budget.
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial acumen, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations
- You’ll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution to maximise opportunity
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in our local language and English; a second language is advantageous.
- You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, adopting a flexible approach.
- You’ll have strong computer literacy and an understanding of the digital world.