Senior Category Development Manager – KIDS (FTC)
The initiatives on Kids will fall into two main buckets:
- Category development – managing the Kids category end-to-end, covering commercial, technology, operations, and marketing workstreams
- Application of strategic and operational rigour within the team as part of Kids growth plans. Making our own teams and workflows more efficient remains one of the biggest opportunities for success.
In addition, the role will span across other new categories beyond its Kids focus, supporting the Head of Category Development on special projects, strategic initiatives across other categories, and new category development.
We’re looking for a commercially minded strategic thinker, who is confident with managing complicated cross-functional projects and influencing change across senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
What you’ll do:
- You will have P&L responsibility for the Kids category, and will be accountable for its success, across many cross-functional areas, including:
- Daily, weekly, and monthly trading of the Kids category, with an in-depth data-driven understanding of the macro, regional, product, and trend impacts on Kids performance
- Supporting an ongoing integrated marketing plan to optimise trading performance and category awareness
- Championing technology & operational changes necessary to improve the Kids shopping experience
- Spearheading business development with new supply partners, and nurturing existing partners
- Aligning Kids-stakeholders globally to your strategic plan to grow the category
- You will drive critical projects like building a 5-year strategic supply plan on Kids – sub-categories, channels, partners, assortment, etc.
- You will build and maintain outstanding client relationships through effective communications, reporting and problem-solving
- You will work closely with the Commercial Planning & Analytics function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- You will be a champion & sponsor for the category, both internally and externally
Who you are:
- You have Kids sector experience (preferably within luxury kids/baby) including a competent understanding of the Kids market, players, and dynamics – experience within the Kids category is a must, please do not apply without this
- You have experience within consulting and/or strong planning and organisational skills; expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with (occasional) ambiguity
- You are a strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- You are commercially-minded - strong focus on business development and growth with ability to work towards metrics and targets
- You have project management experience, preferably in technology / digital / e-commerce
- You have strong stakeholder management – ability to influence senior characters internally and externally
- You will be a fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
- You have additional languages (optional), French or Italian is an advantage