Director of Engineering - Data
Data is one of Farfetch’s strategic pillars and our data teams are at the heart of everything we do with data. Their purpose spans building and scaling our data platform, capturing and curating our data assets, and harnessing the power of Farfetch’s data to deliver reports, insights and power datadriven systems that both support business decisions and uncover new ways to amaze our customers.
The teams are committed into turning the company into the global platform for luxury fashion. We are constantly looking for brilliant people who thrive on the challenges that a fast growing, datadriven company faces on its journey to be a market leader.
In this demanding but pivotal role, you’ll be partnering up with the Farfetch’s VP of Engineering to formulate a compelling and ambitious vision and strategy for leading, building, and mentoring the company’s talented Data Engineering team.
Farfetch is maximizing the value and promise of our data and making it ubiquitously available and valuable across the business, you’ll ensure that our technology organisation can scale considerably in the coming months and years.
What you’ll do
- Create, support and grow the Data Engineering area, aligned with the company’s vision and strategy
- Assure coordination with key stakeholders in other relevant Tech (Product, Architecture, TechOps) and non Tech areas (Operations, Production, Etc.)
- Manage the Data Engineering team towards successful delivery
- Be a source for engineering innovation, being attuned to engineering best practices being followed outside of the company’s ecosystem, being responsible for understanding them and presenting them internally to improve our engineering culture
- Be an active participating member in the Technical evolution of the E-commerce Platform by partnering in discussion about out Data Engineering approaches and capabilities
- Hire, retain and grow amazing data engineering talent for Farfetch.
Who you are
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Engineering or related field
- 10+ Year of Relevant working experience in SW Engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Excellent people management skills as well as a passion for developing employees and other team members
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Product/Software development in the BI/Data area
- Proven track record of successfully delivering and managing the implementation of large scale technical projects
- Must have strong technical knowledge of the Agile SDLC and how technology teams are structured to ensure autonomous productivity
- Excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate and build relationships with the different players of the tech area at multiple levels in the organization
- Experience working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multicultural team is a Plus.