All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
FARFETCH’s tax team has global reach to all the Groups tax affairs and is growing on a fast-pace.
The team – divided between Porto and London – with both English and Portuguese specialists aims to provide top class in house consultancy services and maximize the relevance of tax function within FARFETCH.
About the role:
The newly created role will give you a unique view on FARFETCH and BROWNS FASHION’s indirect tax affairs, as you will be part of indirect tax subgroup team and therefore responsible for handling indirect tax compliance matters, providing technical support with regards to compliance procedures and improvements to our internal teams, and liaise with external consultants.
You will also help define a new VAT compliance strategy for the Group, and be heavily involved in the implementation of the Making Tax Digital solution. With the support of the team, the successful candidate will design and implement a wide variety of new procedures and structures for the UK business, as well as providing support on international VAT affairs for the Group.
As the Group undertakes a tax transformation project, you will have the opportunity to be a key stakeholder and participate in the design and implementation of a global tax engine and tools. As efficiency increases, so will the remit of this role, and it will naturally evolve from procedure setting into a more strategic and advisory role.
If successful, you will join a multidisciplinary tax team who will be able to support on-the-job training, mentorship and professional development.
What you’ll do:
- You will provide day-to-day support to FARFETCH and BROWNS FASHION on indirect tax issues and questions;
- You will provide support on international VAT projects related to FARFETCH and BROWNS FASHION’s activity in multiple jurisdictions;
- You will prepare clearance requests and liaise with local tax authorities on a variety of issues including audits;
- You will identify opportunities for VAT saving and risk mitigation for the Group;
- You will be a main point-of-contact for external stakeholders, including boutiques and brands, with regards to their VAT queries and marketplace operations;
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of strategy relating to VAT compliance affairs of the Group;
- You will have control over the day-to-day VAT operations;
- You will maintain excellent working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures.
Who you are:
- You have experience in Indirect Tax Compliance affairs;
- You have a degree in Economics, Management, Accounting or similar subject;
- You have experience of the roll-out and/or day-to-day operations of a tax engine (Thomson Reuters OneSource Determination is looked upon favorably)
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken);
- You are excellent team working player with ability to interact with different departments and stakeholders of varying seniority;
- You are analytical and have quantitative problem-solving skills;
- You are results driven mind-set and able to deal with conflicting priorities;
- You are dynamic and pro-active with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- You are experimented user of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel; and,
- You are committed to develop your talents and knowledge into new areas as well as to think creatively.
We cannot wait to receive your application. However, before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.