Senior BI Analyst
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis!
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside marketing and finance to grow commercially.
What you’ll do:
- You will have ownership of BI solutions for a key department in Farfetch
- You’ll design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting, working with key stakeholders to build our a new reporting infrastructure in Looker and BigQuery.
- You’ll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs, owning the reporting for a growth area of the business
- You’ll raise the bar in BI and our impact on the business
- Gain in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of the Marketing organizing and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
- Training for analysts in how to refactor their SQL code for faster processing and to ensure that their dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
Who you are:
- You have a BSE in computer science, engineering, information systems or other highly quantitative field
- You are advanced in SQL
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- You have experience with data visualisation tools, preferably Looker
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience rolling out new projects in Looker with LookML
- You have working knowledge of Python and containerisation architectures such as Docker
- Experience defining data governance principles surrounding sensitive datasets containing PII
- You have knowledge or experience in digital marketing tech stack (e.g. DoubleClick, DoubleClick For Publishers, Facebook, DMPs like BlueKai)
- Familiarity with structuring and writing scalable ETLs utilising tools such as Airflow
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and Git