Senior People Business Partner
The role is based in our London office, which consists of 600+ permanent employees, with expected continued growth in 2019.
Leading with authenticity and customer-centricity, you’ll build credible and trusted relationships with the business, designing and implementing their people agenda. In line with business and People strategy, you’ll support change and drive growth. You will also have the opportunity to shape, protect and nurture our UK culture, adopting a ‘do what’s never been done’ approach and supporting our global vision of a “Happy People Revolution”.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with senior leaders in your client groups, Talent Acquisition and People team CoE’s to co-create a holistic, strategic plan to deliver against our business and people strategy
- Be an active member of your client groups’ leadership teams and contribute to business strategy, driving activities to improve employee engagement and retention
- Develop trusted partnerships with senior leaders, providing thought leadership, challenge, and solutions-focused coaching and advice
- Build strong relationships with regional People Partners and work in partnership to execute a global, functional people strategy (where applicable)
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to attract high calibre talent, build talent pipelines and grow your business areas, ensuring both teams support our mission of a ‘one team’ ethos.
- Manage complex and high-level employee relation cases in line with our values
- Analyse and report on People data for your client areas, providing insight, trends and recommendations on key areas of focus
- Deliver learning programs, as and when required, to build manager capability
- Drive functional, cyclical people processes and initiatives, including the performance and compensation review process, talent mapping and our employee engagement survey
- Contribute to, and deliver global people programs
- As a senior figurehead and ambassador of the UK culture; lead with empathy, inclusion and compassion, considering team morale and engagement at all times
- Coach, develop and guide junior team members that support your business areas
- Continuously innovate and inspire with new thinking, bringing external insight to devise revolutionary initiatives for Farfetch
Who you are:
- Proven global HR experience, gained in a fast-paced, agile, customer-driven environment (preferably e-commerce sector)
- Depth of knowledge of commercial and corporate teams, with an understanding of how they operate and key responsibilities
- Driven and results-oriented, with a track record of improving the bottom line
- Solid UK employment law knowledge and an ability to lead and manage complex employee relation cases
- A customer service mindset, with a relentless focus on the employee experience.
- A passion for coaching and developing teams
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker, always looking to challenge the status quo and drive excellence and innovation
- Able to think strategically and see the bigger picture and also act operationally to transform people strategies into action
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to speak business language
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of building effective relationships with senior leadership teams, working in a ‘trusted advisor’ style and able to engage and influence at all levels
- Analytical thinker who can connect data and measurements to HR activity
- A love of learning and self-development
- A compassionate and authentic leader, with a collaborative and inclusive approach