Accounts Payable Assistant
The purpose of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to support the finance team in assisting in all aspects of Accounts Payable. This role requires a strong attention to detail and somebody who is able to build good relationships with suppliers, non-suppliers and colleagues, all while operating in a busy finance function.
Working in a highly supportive team, led by a very experienced AP Manager, this role gives an enthusiastic person looking for their next challenge a brilliant learning environment to grow and develop their career!
What you’ll do:
- You will manage assigned accounts, Investigating and managing any invoice queries/discrepancies through to resolution.
- You will be processing a high volume of invoices within agreed timeframes onto Microsoft Dynamics AX System.
- You will be matching stock receipted into the warehouse with supplier invoices.
- You will ensure prompt payment of stock invoices, enabling us to take maximum settlement discounts.
- You will ensure correct debit note deductions are raised and deducted from suppliers.
- You will complete supplier statement reconciliations.
- You will prepare weekly multi-currency payment runs.
- You will work with the team to monitor the group email inbox and post.
- You will build and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- You will provide support as required with any ad-hoc projects and administrative duties.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in Invoice to PO matching
- You are an intermediate level Excel user
- You are highly organised and have excellent communication skills
- You are able to meet tight deadlines and strong attention to detail.
- You are a great team player