Women’s Styling Specialist - Browns
We are looking for a Women’s Styling Specialist that will be working closely with the Browns Online Styling Editor and Browns Styling Manager giving daily styling direction and approving all women’s outfits, improving styling standards and guidelines, and training the team with on-set techniques as well as guide the team to find new inspirational ways of shooting the product. Needs to have editorial as well as ecommerce experience preferably in luxury and be able to translate the Browns creative vision to the ‘New In’ section on brownsfashion.com.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Browns Online Styling Editor to approve all women’s outfits on a daily basis ensuring feedback is specific and changes made in order to fit brand guidelines and seasonal styling direction before they are shot on the model.
- Sign-off what was shot on a daily basis on the model, calling any reshoots and advising on areas of improvement, ensuring the outfits are on-brand, on-trend and reflect the Browns distinct tone of voice
- Be able to style at the highest standards, particularly with reference to ‘’tricky’’ items or special projects and educate the team to achieve results at the same level.
- Fully aware of influencers and up to speed with current trends and street style and social media and ability to work with the styling team to incorporate these into Browns style.
- Work with the Online Styling Editor and the buying teams in order to create seasonal styling guidelines for new brands and ensure team is aware and follows them.
- Work closely with the Browns Online Styling Editor to ensure the sample room is edited on a daily basis and the most appropriate/new products are available for the team to use.
- Responsible for feeding back to manager on the performance & development of the stylists (areas of improvements, level of reshoots, action plans in terms of development, present an individual report for each stylist at the end of the season to the Styling Manager in order to show the evolution of each member of the team);
- Develop and mentor the in-house styling team; coaching and supporting them continuous;
- Contribute into continuedly evolving the way the product is styled and shot for BF.com
- Decrease the level of styling reshoots to 8% this season;
- Work alongside Photography coordinator to maintain and develop high quality imagery
- Ensure team KPI’s and targets are established and met.
- Ensure that Production processes are respected and followed but equally having ideas about how can we improve processes.
- Outlining any potential styling needs to manager for the team and individual performance
- Provide constructive feedback to stylists on reshoots and improvements
- Act as a positive ambassador in times of company change and growth
- Contribute to creative and styling meetings
- inspiring and motivational to team
Who you are
- Ambitious and driven with an impeccable work ethic
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of trends, designers and brands
- 6-8 years proven styling experience within editorial and e-commerce
- Strong managerial experience with a confident, authoritative presence capable of building teams to execute quality delivery
- Styling/ art direction experience
- Proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames
- Sound photography knowledge to ensure guidelines are correctly and efficiently executed.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritize according to business requirements.
- Previous ecommerce experience ideally focussed In the luxury market.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.