Senior People Business Partner – Private Client
The role is based in our London office, which consists of 600+ permanent employees, with expected continued growth in 2019. It’s a unique opportunity to partner with the Global VP, Private Client, and Global Sales Director, to define a world-class People strategy aimed at finding, growing and keeping high calibre sales talent. Leading with authenticity and customer-centricity, you’ll build credible and trusted relationships with the business, designing and implementing their People agenda.
In line with business and People strategy, you’ll support change and drive sales growth. You will also have the opportunity to shape, protect and nurture our UK culture, adopting a ‘do what’s never been done’ approach and supporting our global vision of a “Happy People Revolution”.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Global VP, Private Client and senior leaders in your client group, Talent Acquisition and People team CoE’s to co-create a holistic, strategic plan to build a high performing sales-focused team who will deliver outstanding results. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Collaborating with the Total Reward team to design and deliver a meaningful and motivational reward strategy, aimed at rewarding and recognising best-in-class sales talent.
- Collaborating with Private Client leaders and the People Development team to design a luxury learning experience, to develop sales talent, enabling them to grow and have successful Farfetch career journeys.
- Be an active member of your client groups’ leadership teams and contribute to business strategy, driving activities to improve employee engagement, retention and performance.
- Develop trusted partnerships with senior leaders, providing thought leadership, challenge, and solution-focused coaching and advice
- Build strong relationships with regional People Partners and work in partnership to execute a global, functional people strategy
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to attract high calibre talent, build talent pipelines and grow your business areas, ensuring both teams support our mission of a ‘one team’ ethos.
- Oversee complex and high-level employee relation cases in line with our values
- Analyse and report on People data for your client area, providing insight, trends, and recommendations on key areas of focus
- Deliver learning programs, as and when required, to build manager capability
- Drive functional, cyclical people processes and initiatives, including the performance and compensation review process, talent mapping and our employee engagement survey
- Partner with your business leaders and local people teams to ensure performance and potential are being assessed consistently throughout the employee journey
- Contribute to, and deliver global people programs
- As a senior figurehead and ambassador of the UK culture; lead with empathy, inclusion, and compassion, considering team morale and engagement at all times
- Coach, develop and guide junior team members that support your business areas
- Continuously innovate and inspire with new thinking, bringing external insight to devise revolutionary initiatives for Farfetch
Who you are:
- Proven global HR experience gained in a fast-paced, agile, customer-driven environment (preferably luxury sector)
- Experience of partnering with sales/commission incentivized teams is essential
- Depth of knowledge of commercial, sales-driving teams, with an understanding of how they operate, key responsibilities and motivators
- Experience of designing and delivering commission schemes is preferred.
- Driven and results-oriented, with a track record of improving the bottom line
- Solid UK employment law knowledge and an ability to lead and manage complex employee relation cases
- A customer service mindset, with a relentless focus on the employee experience.
- A passion for coaching and developing teams
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker, always looking to challenge the status quo and drive excellence and innovation
- Able to think strategically and see the bigger picture and also act operationally to transform people strategies into action
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to speak the business language
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of building effective relationships with senior leadership teams, working in a ‘trusted advisor’ style and ability to engage, challenge and influence at all levels
- Analytical thinker who can connect data and measurements to HR activity A love of learning and self-development
- A compassionate and authentic leader, with a collaborative and inclusive approach