From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents – we’re busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.
About the role:
As we continue to accelerate in growth, we’re looking for a People Advisor to be a trusted partner to the business. You’ll be responsible for creating a world class experience for our employees, at all stages of the employee life cycle, providing timely and credible advice in line with policy, process and procedures. The role will also have an HR functional focus, contributing to, and leading on, local projects, creating a culture where our people thrive.
You’ll be a proactive, progressive HR generalist, with solid experience in employee relations and providing first-class advice to the business. You’ll have worked in a fast-paced environment, have excellent relationship building skills, and an innovative and positive approach.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the first point of escalation for the People Administrators, escalating to the People Partners if needed.
- You will be the first point of escalation for the employee population
- You will be responsible for managing on-boarding process for new joiners (below manager level) and providing continuous feedback to enhance the employee onboarding experience
- You will partner with the Talent Acquisition team to support attracting and selecting talent e.g. assessment days, joining the interview process
- You will manage the immigration process for all applicable employees in your business population and partner with the Talent Acquisition team to facilitate the process from offer stage to onboarding
- You will provide quality and professional advice to employees on general queries and issues, in line with Company policy, process and procedure
- You will be responsible for creating and updating policies, templates and toolkits to support People processes
- You will manage employee relations cases e.g. performance, Family-friendly, absence, and partner with/escalate to the People Partner/Senior People Partner for more complex cases
- You will assist with local processes at employee level as per the People team calendar e.g. annual performance process, salary review etc
- You will keep abreast of employment law and inform/update the wider partnering team, driving a continuous learning culture
- You will monitor employee probation check ins and expiry. Coach line managers to hold/you’ll facilitate, probation meetings as and when necessary, addressing any performance concerns promptly. Escalate to People Partner / Senior People Partner where necessary
- You will contribute to, and lead on, local People projects and initiatives across various HR and business functions e.g. C&B, L&D
- You will lead on analysing and reporting UK People data, to provide insights and recommendations on how we can continue to improve our employee experience.
- You will manage the off-boarding experience, providing data-driven insight into leaving trends and suggesting recommendations to retain our top talent
Who you are:
- You have proven generalist HR experience at advisory level, in a fast-paced, high-growth or progressive environment
- You are CIPD qualified, or studying towards a qualification
- You have experience in HR data systems and processes. Full working knowledge of Workday would be an advantage
- You have excellent knowledge of UK employment law and practices
- You are proactive, with an ability to problem solve and understand issues in the context of the bigger picture and business impact
- You are data driven, with an ability to translate analytics into insights and actions
- You have clear, succinct and influential written and verbal communication skills
- You are a master of organisation with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- You have high level of attention to detail
- You have tenacity with a smile
- You will ideally have basic project management experience
- You are an ambassador of change, with a dynamic approach to work
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.