Product Designer - Consumer
We are looking for an experienced designer with a deep knowledge of working as a product designer within a multidisciplinary team (primarily design, engineering, and product management). With a solid knowledge of design methods and practices, they will help their team understand and make sense of their customers’ needs and behaviours. With a strong technical knowledge of web and native UI and interaction design, they will ensure that the experience our customers have when using our products is appropriate, effective and coherent. They will communicate the importance and value of shared, collaborative design systems and have demonstrable experience in contributing to as well as working with them.
What you'll do
- Help to build your product’s roadmap
- Work collaboratively with your team (product owners, engineers, researchers, and others) in defining the problem space and desired customers outcomes. You will support the execution and development of strategy in your area based on the learning and explanations created by the teams
- Support the planning and execution of workshops to help align intent and understanding of business and customer goals, distilling and sharing this with other teams
- Discovering opportunities
- Help define the hierarchy of user needs for the design project (use cases, heuristics), making sure that when customers interact with your product the experience is coherent, effective and consistent with our brand.
- With a strong understanding of your area’s technology, you'll ensure product decisions are made within those constraints
- Discovery sprints - identifying opportunities to create value for our customers, and defining the problem space to remove risk
- Help the team discover potential design routes by going broad and wide, creating provocations and prototypes to help the team build better products and features for our customers
- Detailed interaction and product design
- Help the team understand solutions by working them through on paper or as visualisations
- Use your knowledge and expertise of interaction design in very detailed microinteractions and also at task and flow level
- Contribute so that the team's work is consistent with the whole customer experience and designed with the customers’ high-level goals and needs
- Support the team’s work with minimal oversight or support, from your team leadership
- Work as part of a team
- Work in partnership with engineering teams, ensuring any design specifications are clear and well-understood by your team
- Constantly work with your team to improve and finesse the product through release and beyond
- Work with engineering and product owners to bring your understanding of how customers interact and behave with products to ensure that they share your confidence in a solution
- Support the definition of tags/trackers to eng for analytic data with support of your team
Who you are
- You have solid experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner
- You have the ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You have varied experience designing products for web or native platforms
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams
- We don’t expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge are equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- You have working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems
- You have experience working on high traffic consumer products a plus
- You have experience working within a platform business, E-commerce or online retail.
- You will have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You understand how to select and develop appropriate methods for prototyping and when to apply them as tools to remove risk.
- You have working knowledge of iOS and Android UI