Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do. The team helps support the running of the current business and explores new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touch points, Web, Mobile and Instore. The team is committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform.
To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as a Principal Engineer, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and leading a small team of expert engineers into solving some of our most complex engineering challenges.
What you'll do:
- Technically lead a small team of top engineers passionate about solving complex technical problems;
- Work closely with the Architecture team to assure team is working towards the standards we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage also with other Engineering teams within the domain to assure the solutions his team is building are fulfilling their most complex requirements;
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members in complex topics, acting as a reference for engineering standard methodologies within the team.
Who you are:
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field;
- A professional with at least 10 years of demonstrable experience in the IT engineering field;
- Experienced in defining and implementing complex engineering solutions at large scale for a global audience;
- Capable of being the Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies within the domain;
- An individual with solid background and expertise as a Front-end Engineer, Back-end Engineer of the Full Stack variety;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with deep understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- An excellent communicator in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to handle multiple tasks/priorities at a time, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Attentive to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multi-cultural team is a plus;
- Experienced in the Scrum methodology is also a plus.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
• Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.• Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.• Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
*We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.*