Software Engineer - Data
We are looking for a person who want to work in an innovative Big Data environment building large scale data pipelines with a significant focus on messaging patterns. The data from these pipelines is crucial for business analytics and data science.
You will enroll in the Messaging team and work closely together with the DataAPI teams and the Big Data teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and build data pipelines that will stream and process operational events from Farfetch's micro-services and store them in Farfetch's Data Lake.
- Work on software engineering challenges that arise from Farfetch's scale and data growth.
- Work with state-of-the-art data frameworks and technologies like Spark (Streaming), Kafka, HBase and Hadoop.
- Research and develop new software and technologies related to data processing.
- Work cross functionally with various engineering teams, gathering requirements, specifying data contracts and creating solutions that move large volumes of data.
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional with a Computer engineering background.
- A professional with strong aptitude for learning new data technologies and willing to work in the Big Data field.
- Someone with at least 2 years of experience in software development in data related fields. Java, Scala or Python experience is a plus.
- Experienced with data processing frameworks like Apache NiFi, Apache Storm, Apache Spark or Apache Camel or Apache Flink (a major plus).
- Knowledgeable of relational and non-relational databases and ability to write SQL.
- Knowledgeable of messaging platforms like RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, ZeroMQ.
- A professional with a DevOps mindset - ready to deliver and maintain production grade solutions.