Assistant Legal Counsel
This incumbent, reporting directly to Head of Legal China will act as independent legal advisor in relation to any and all kinds of legal matters and issues which may occur in the operations of the company’s business in mainland China and Hong Kong.
He (or She) will assist the Head of Legal in all corporate and commercial matters to ensure legal compliance, participate in different projects of growth and expansion of the company’s China business, and deliver legal awareness trainings and compliance trainings. He (or She) will also need to perform a variety of paralegal, technical and administrative functions.
What you’ll do:
- Autonomously perform legal services for his / her internal clients in China, including: drafting, negotiation and reviewing of a variety of legal documents & contracts; providing legal support & advice for company’s daily business and operations, ensuring legal feasibility and legal compliance of the business initiatives
- In charge of general corporate matters for all Farfetch legal entities in China, including maintaining all required registrations and licenses, making annual filings for all Farfetch legal entities in China, drafting board resolutions and other general corporate documents, filing with government authorities for any general corporate changes
- Ensure proper use of the company chops in accordance with company policies
- Maintain the proper operation of legal contract management system and manage contract approval/signing process in accordance with company policies
- Proper filing of contracts and all other legal documents
- Participate in company’s projects and assist in the commercial transactions in China if any as assigned by the Head of Legal China or senior counsel
- Manage and coordinate legal proceedings the company is involved and maintain contacts with external counsel in such proceedings
- Other legal work assigned by Head of Legal China or the senior counsel
Who you are:
- Graduate of a recognized reputable law school either in China or abroad
- PRC qualified attorney with at least 2 years comprehensive experience either in the legal department of a multinational corporation or a law firm with an international practice. Foreign bars and experience in Ecom industry are preferred but not must.
- Good at bilingual contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Willing to committed to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment, with ability to meet short-and long-term deadlines
- Effective communicator with business functions at all levels within the organization
- fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese (speaking, reading and writing)