Senior Software Engineer
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is motivated to build world-class applications using top notch technology. You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What You’ll do:
• Evolve our e-commerce platform
• Define the future of our e-commerce platform
• Expand our microservices architecture
• Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies
Who You Are:
• An expert in object oriented languages (C#, NET or Java)
• Knowledgeable of unit tests and/or integration tests
• Passionate about code quality
• Knowledgeable of SQL language and experience using relational databases with preference for SQL Server
• Knowledgeable of REST
• Interested in large-scale systems
• Eager to learn and share knowledge
• Passionate about solving complex problems
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
*We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.*