This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to join the Treasury team within an exciting and rapidly expanding business. This is a key role within Treasury, a team of currently 9 strong members across London and Porto, and will report to the Assistant Treasurer.
Primary responsibilities of this role will be management and oversight of accounting requirements in relation to all Treasury activities, and provision of relevant analytics to support key treasury decisions. This position does not require technical treasury accounting knowledge as a pre-requisite, but the ideal candidate will have to demonstrate an interest in developing this expertise over time.
What You’ll do:
- Do weekly and monthly reconciliations of Treasury bank accounts and related Treasury transactions within the Treasury Management System. Treasury activities include: Cash Investments, Debt Funding, Foreign Exchange Hedging, and Intercompany funding.
- Assure month end accounting procedures; including Reconciliations, Foreign Exchange Gains/Losses, Intercompany Accounting and other activities.
- Manage Intercompany funding, including maintenance of loan statements, interest calculations, accruals and loan documentation. This will require regular liaison with all relevant stakeholders, including Intercompany Accountant, Entity Accountant and Tax and Local finance teams.
- Support month-end, quarter ends and year-end closing procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing accounting information.
- Support internal and external audit.
- Guarantee provision of reporting and analytics of monthly Treasury Trial Balance validations, including Cash Balances, Interest Charges, FX Gains/Losses, Working Capital analysis and hedging accuracy and effectiveness.
- Ensure the development and on-going maintenance of accounting configuration and set-up in the Treasury System.
- Ensure the development and on-going maintenance of Treasury Accounting manual and procedures.
- Be the back-up for other local team members.
- Support the team with projects as required.
Who You Are:
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree in accounting.
- At least 3 years’ experienced in accounting.
- Have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Driven, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Able to identify issues and develop solutions against strategic priorities and tactical/ operational considerations.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Highly organised and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in treasury accounting beneficial but not essential as you will develop this knowledge over time.