Senior Data Scientist - Ranks
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists and Engineers working on the ranking ecosystem which serves, daily, millions of optimized listing pages to customers everywhere in the world. You will help idealize, plan and deliver intelligent algorithms, at scale, while working closely with product, business and tech to meet ambitious goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in Information Retrieval;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Drive the design of new features in the product and inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- MSc or PhD in areas of knowledge such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Optimization;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, preferably working within a Retail and E-commerce environment;
- Good understanding of Information Retrieval, Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet, lambdaMART), algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
- Fluent in Python, common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch);
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and building data pipelines;
- Non-relational databases (e.g., Cassandra, Big Query) and streaming platforms know-how (e.g., Kafka) is a plus;
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken;
- Be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.