Head of Product Design
We are looking for someone who lives, breathes design, and is ready to lead a team of curious and talented Product Designers across teams, locations and cultures. This is an opportunity to join a global product design team who are changing the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means in a digital world.
We are looking for an experienced design-leader who is able to use evidence and knowledge of user behaviours and needs to help shape and develop multi-year product strategy for broad areas of Farfetch’s experience which will create impact right around the world.
This role needs someone with deep understanding of the value and the role that designers can play within multi-disciplinary teams and is able to bring that experience with them to help scale our global design team and ensure that the quality of work we do is impeccable.
As the Head of Product Design you will be responsible for ensuring the overall fit and finish of the experience our customers have; making sure it meets the high standards we set for ourselves, and that designers within the team are motivated and inspired within a psychologically safe environment.
The role requires someone who is able to help teams break down complexity and provide clear context for their work. You are able to draw connections between teams and their work and to preempt where collaboration is necessary. You have deep knowledge of how to ensure the needs and behaviours of people are integrated into product development to drive excellence and are an eloquent advocate for the customer.
You have demonstrable experience in forming, shaping and leading high-performing teams, and can show how you have mentored and managed others to similar levels of achievement. You will directly line-manage leads and managers who work within the Farfetch design function: we want to make sure management is designed to meet the needs of everyone involved, so these designers won’t necessarily be part of your area or located in the same office as you so experience managing international teams is important.
As a line manager, you are responsible for their personal and professional development of design leaders in your reporting line. You’ll look after the people you manage and enrich the wider Consumer Product team’s capabilities, culture, and social activities.
What You’ll Do:
- You will motivate and inspire your team to build brilliant, user-centered products that people love
- You will lead by example, upholding our values and contributing to the Product Design community
- You will help build an ambitious vision and strategy for consumer products, working with peers in Product Design, Product Management, and Engineering
- You will champion the vision across the business and in your team, supporting them to make it a reality
- You will line manage a team of designers, developing and mentoring them to maximise potential and facilitate growth
- You will grow the team to best meet business and product needs and create an environment which nurtures and retains design talent
- You will create a platform for your team to operate as world-class product designers, removing barriers and opening new doors
- You will create a psychologically safe, creative culture and environment
- You will connect the Product Design experience across multiple product teams and channels
Who you are:
- You are a passionate Product Design leader with strong experience leading teams and working on high-profile consumer-facing software and digital systems
- You are able to coordinate, facilitate, and communicate with individuals in several areas and levels, internally and externally to the company, in order to contribute to the attainment of corporate goals.
- You are a progressive thinker obsessed with design, tech, current trends
- You are able to maximise an individual's potential and motivation by mentoring and facilitating growth
- You are great at building relationships and able to influence
- You are someone who excels in fast-paced and demanding environments
- You are Experienced and have expertise in high-level product strategy
- An expert in implementing a lean, evidence-based approach to the product design process
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail