We are looking for a dynamic, agile Chief Sub Editor with experience in digital publishing and e-commerce. You will be responsible for maintaining the Farfetch tone of voice across multiple platforms, while proactively finding ways to streamline our content production
Turning great copy, collaborating across many varied teams and communicating confidently and efficiently are key aspects. Fashion knowledge is a huge plus.
It goes without saying that our ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and perfect use of English language, punctuation and grammar, along with a solid knowledge of digital publishing.
What you'll do:
- Ensuring all editorial content reflects the Farfetch tone of voice and house style.
- Overseeing the editorial process, leading regular production meetings and setting deadlines to ensure the weekly and daily content teams adhere to a rigorous publishing schedule.
- Working with the product team to share success metrics and feeding data back to the team from.
- Working with the Editor-in-Chief to plan homepages, including localised content.
- Subbing, editing and, where necessary, rewriting copy for homepages, editorials, content pages, apps, emails, cross-channel campaigns and other marketing assets.
- Developing headlines and sells that have character, authenticity and wit.
- Proofreading completed editorials for flow and written style.
- Checking names, facts, dates and any other information for accuracy.
- Liaising with Creative and Product teams to enhance layouts for readability and functionality.
- Working in close collaboration with the Content Production team to ensure that all content is uploaded to the CMS, translated and published in a timely fashion.
- QAing and signing off content across browsers and devices for go-live.
- Evolving and developing the Farfetch style guide to ensure our copy is distinctive, intelligent and authoritative.
- Liaising with other teams, including product, UX and SEO copywriters, to monitor tone and quality, and provide guidance for site improvements.
Who you are:
- At least five years’ experience as a digital sub-editor, preferably for a fashion publication.
- Strong understanding of digital publishing and SEO.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and multiple priorities, and ensure all team members do the same.
- Experience working within a CMS and Google Drive essential, plus some knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign and project management tools such as Trello.
- Collaborative, flexible, diplomatic and dynamic.