Supply Planning Manager
Our Commercial Strategy team are looking for a unique individual to extract supply-side insights from our data and transform these into projects that will deliver long-term, sustainable sales growth. Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify, procure and promote the greatest selection of luxury products for the site.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skill set to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with and embracing the “art” from our fashion/trend focused buying teams. We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident in analyzing trends and patterns in large data sets
- Structured communicator, adept at packaging findings into digestible, actionable insights
- Organized team-player, able to collaborate and drive projects forward with various stakeholders
What you’ll do:
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach.
- Identify key business questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Gather the data in SQL and execute the analyses via a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for analysing data efficiently.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with teams across the business to incorporate their input and deliver cross-functional projects.
- Review your findings with the Buying and Merchandising departments
- Engage with Business Development, Account Management, and Commercial Growth functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to integrate and test commercial metrics in their algorithms
- Innovate and identify projects that the business didn’t even realize it needed
Who you are:
- Extensive years of analytical experience (e.g. consulting, data science)
- University degree in an analytical field (e.g. computer science, engineering, maths, economics, statistics)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g. SQL), visualization (e.g. Tableau, Looker), statistical analysis (R or Python), with the ability to code (e.g., PHP) a plus.
- Proven ability to problem solve and provide practical business insights from large, complex data sets
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment; Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, multiple language capabilities is a plus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!