Operations Business Analyst
The Business Analyst will work with the Head of Supply Chain Monitoring & Optimization in a mission that is both feeding the business with operational insight for day to day decision making (BI), as well as developing more advanced analytical solutions that can support business transformation initiatives (ex. Effect Analysis; Optimization analysis; Simulators).
- Business Intelligence & Dashboarding: yes, we need it! Our teams are hungry for actionable insight that can prompt them to action. Creating a top-class, value chain encompassing, BI portfolio is a big part of our today’s job;
- Data Mining: when things get more serious. Applying more advanced analytical skills to uncover effects behind specific trends or to model existing relationships across our value chain is a growth avenue for our team and a key distinctive factor;
- AI & Automation: putting it all together! Find ways to apply our models, coupled with our business understanding of existing processes, to eliminate, streamline or automate existing activities within the business is a growth avenue for us and something we expect you to help us build going forward.
Unlike many other Bi & Data functions, we are very much within the business, so you will be expected to liaise with different teams across Farfetch, whether to promote and disseminate our solutions, to listen to current pain points and derive requirements for our work, or even part of larger initiatives to which we actively contribute with business insight.
What You'll Do
- Develop, maintain and evolve, in liaison with other internal BI teams, our Supply Chain Control Tower – a portfolio of reports and dashboards that cover all processes from order placement to order fulfillment and returns;
- Work with global Operations teams and Commercial to gather requirements into how we can facilitate decision making processes through actionable data/insights;
- Turn our reports and dashboards into business insights and actively support decision making by establishing routines with internal partners of performance review and opportunity identification;
- Support business partners in more advanced exploratory analysis upon request or framed within specific Optimization initiatives we are pursuing or supporting;
- Actively participate and propose new analytical solutions that can help automate or streamline existing processes (eg. Create alert-based solutions to proactively manage order delay risk)
Who You Are
- BA, BS or MSc in an Engineering field, Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science;
- Up to 2 years of experience in a data related function, preferably in Retail or any other Consumer Industry;
- Experienced with more foundation analytical models (Ex. Regressions, cluster analysis);
- Experienced with software such as R, SQL, Python;
- Proficient with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and VBA for developing interactive reports, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros etc;
- A professional with strong problem solving skills;
- Passionate about Retail, eCommerce and Fashion;
- Results driven and resilient;
- Able to work in a fast moving operational environment;
- Fluent English is essential other language an extra.