Senior Data Scientist - Computer Vision
Our range of luxury products is unrivalled, with over 1 million customers shopping daily.
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Developing our website, mobile app and back office systems, they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel, and champion our customers by designing impactful products and loveable experiences that satisfy their wants & needs.
Knowledge Graphs are a key focus for our long standing ambition to be the number one platform for Luxury fashion. Using the latest data modelling and machine learning techniques you can help realise the future of the Farfetch retail searching, exploring, and browsing experiences.
About the role
To take us to the next level, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with deep expertise and unrivalled enthusiasm in computer vision to contribute to enriching our product catalog and prototyping novel solutions to realise the future of retail.
As a member of the Inspiration data science team, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefits for Farfetch customers. You will design and implement models to fit various use cases, research and productionise deep learning algorithms, and provide domain expertise. In return you can expect an opportunity to shine, plenty of support from a talented team, and a friendly and positive working environment.
What you'll do
- Prototype and productionise machine learning pipelines to classify data and improve the quality of predictions, such as with RNNs
- Provide solutions for problems with substantial commercial impact
- Independently design and evolve computer vision algorithms for enriching data in a product knowledge graph
- Research and evaluate different approaches to computer vision problems
- Assist with data mining and NLP
Who you are
- Have the ability to write clean and concise code in Python and at least one of Bash, Go, or JS
- Have a solid understanding of both 2D and 3D computer vision techniques, deep learning, TensorFlow/Pytorch, RNNs, and GANs
- Are enthusiastic to model data in a graph structure using tools like Neo4j and Cypher
- Are superbly qualified - you developed your inquisitive mind via a Masters degree, or higher, in a quantitative domain such as Computer Science or similar
- Are extremely capable of working with machine learning software - having a working knowledge of productionizing models: version control, unit tests, continuous integration, infrastructure as code, and containers
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices
- Have a strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them