Employee Relations Principal
Our world class team are redefining HR in the organisation and this role will further support our global vision of a Happy People Revolution.
With your specific expertise, you’ll work closely with the Head of People and the UK Business Partnering team to review the current approach to Employee Relations, recommend compliant change for scale, and coach and up-skill the team and business on best practice, employment law and policy; all whilst ensuring our “Be Human” value and inclusive approach is embedded throughout.
The role is based in our London office consisting of 700+ permanent employees with goals to grow by 20% by the end of 2019.
What you'll do:
- Design and execute an HR audit and review, managing change and recommending improvements to ensure protection from risk
- Review and amend all policies, procedures, templates and documents to reflect any legislative changes and / or best practice, creating scalable frameworks where possible.
- Develop technical expertise in the People team by coaching, sharing learnings and best practice, and updating the team on all legislative changes that affect the business. Hold information and training sessions as and when required.
- Coach and guide the Business Partners, Advisors and Managers through varied ER cases, providing timely and quality advice, with practical solutions
- Provide expert, senior leader counsel and ER advice for mergers and acquisitions, developing templates for future M&A activity
- Use mediation, facilitation and coaching skills to support managers and employees with early dispute resolution as needed
- Lead on highly complex ER issues where needed
- Partner with external legal advisors to resolve highly complex ER issues and legal challenges in the UK. Bring this knowledge in-house which will aim to reduce spend and needs with external legal advisors
- Ensure the ER tracker accurately captures casework and is appropriately completed by the team, to high standards
- Contribute to global ER projects to support the design and improvement of ER policies, processes and tools
Who You Are:
- Excellent working knowledge of UK employment law with knowledge of employment law in other EMEA locations a plus
- Proven experience in a legal or HR team, managing complex employee relations matters, with knowledge of HR processes and best practice, and a common sense approach to solutions
- Able to think strategically about Employee Relations and design a strategic and operational plan
- Know-how to provide advice to HR colleagues on how to handle and effectively resolve workplace issues and disputes
- Experience in conducting and managing investigations
- Experience in mergers & acquisitions and TUPE
- Strong influencing and advisory skills, especially at a senior level, and adaptable to all levels in an organization
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with an ability to influence diplomatically
- The ability to work on your own initiative and autonomously, identifying areas of opportunity
- Strong interpersonal skills with a human approach to all situations
- Sensitive and resilient to risks and an ability to mitigate these in a pragmatic way
- An excellent communicator and problem- solver
- Able to assimilate large amounts of information and deal with the "grey"
- Discrete in handling sensitive issues
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail