Product Owner - Search Platform
About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We have a global consumer base that expects a seamless user experience and we work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product development process.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
We have a multi-disciplinary search team including designers, analysts, data scientists and machine-learning engineers who work to better understand intent, leveraging these insights to identify the type of merchandise that is most meaningful to our consumers, and consequently strengthening our proprietary metadata.
Being part of the Consumer Product Team, you will be responsible for driving the Search Platform product strategy and definition by translating customer needs into business and product requirements which will help create a global experience that sets us apart and helps us truly Amaze our Customers! By working in this area and on this multi-disciplinary team, you will lead the product development of our Search Platform, covering topics like natural language processing, search features, customer intent, information retrieval from image recognition, and product localisation.
What you’ll do:
- Define new missions and objectives for this product area which are aligned with our Consumer Products Vision, and ensure there is cohesion and consistency in capabilities available to all of our channels and search touch-points;
- Gather and distill requirements from several sources such as user research and analytics and translate them into an actionable vision;
- Work with stakeholders to build a product roadmap, creating appropriate business cases to drive product enhancement;
- You will partner closely with Data Science teams to drive and inform new capabilities;
- Liaise with business and tech teams throughout the product’s life cycle in order to get all members of the cross-functional team (design, engineering, analytics) to embrace the product vision and strategy;
- Create hypotheses for product improvements to be tested;
- You will partner with other product owners and teams to monitor product performance and make use of customer’s qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform product development strategy;
- Create, maintain and prioritize the product backlog in alignment with product vision and goals.
Who you are:
- You feel strongly about product, you crave to own product vision and you are capable of establishing the strategy towards that vision;
- You are experienced within a similar product management role (search / web products / apps) where ecommerce will be a plus;
- You love data and have a passion for solving customer problems with insights derived from large data sets;
- You use data to inform key decisions. This includes analysing usage patterns to drive prioritization and adopting a test and learn approach to building product to inform product direction and have experience with experimentation practices (AB testing, etc.);
- You have a degree in Information Systems, HCI, Business, Management or related field;
- You have the ability to translate stakeholder needs into business and product requirements;
- You are a user-focused individual who tries to deeply understand customers’ needs and frustrations;
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- You are familiar working in cross functional teams (design, engineering, product, analytics);
- You are able to understand and discuss technical concepts;
- You have the right balance of a passion for solving immediate customer problems and improving core capabilities, with the ability to think about long-term platform capabilities;
- You are able to easily build relationships with the different players of the business;
- You have strong verbal and written English communication skills;
- You have a good attention to detail; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; and an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and chased
- Scrum methodology and an understanding of the luxury retail industry is a plus.