Open Source Evangelist
We are looking for an experienced developer advocate and open source champion for our Open Source program. This program promotes the usage of open source internally, fosters contributions from our people to open source software and enables internal projects to be fully open sourced and shared with the community.
This is a position that requires a wide-span of tech and people skills, from the integration of open source analysis into our software development lifecycle, enabling healthy communities and environment, unblocking tech teams and promoting internally and externally our open source culture. To accomplish this, as an open source evangelist you will collaborate with multiple teams from engineering, product, security, infrastructure, legal to brand and employee communications. Additionally, you will be expected to promote the value of good open source practices and contributions to the open source community to stakeholders across the Farfetch group.
What you'll do
- Keep internal teams involved and participating in the open source community, through existing or new programs such as tech talks, f/tech blog, hackathons, etc
- Build awareness within our technology group of the value and best practices around open source;
- Be a voice externally about our open source efforts by regularly contributing to our blog and social media, and participating at conferences and community events;
- Audit and report on open source compliance of our code base by building or integrating tools and automation across different stages of the development cycle;
- Work with internal teams on applying good practices and address any identified issues;
- Work with internal teams on creating a culture of upstream contributions;
- Work with internal teams on releasing open source projects and maintaining strong relationships with open source communities.
Who you are
- Passionate about fostering a good environment for open source;
- Knowledge of open source licenses and compliance issues;
- Eager to learn and share knowledge;
- Good communicator and a team player (English is mandatory, Portuguese is optional but preferred);
- A person with attention to detail and ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- A professional with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a developer engineer;
- Experience with open source tools such as GitHub, Gitlab, package managers, and continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Knowledge in good development practices, with .NET, Java and Python being a plus.
- A person with personal projects and existing relationships with open source communities - is a plus.