Head of Creative- Marketing
About the role:
Leading a team of art editors, designers and a Creative Producer, you’ll define our marketing experience through the power of imagery and design, capturing the eye of our customers across all our channels.
The ideal candidate will bring an exceptional taste level, strong digital fashion experience, customer centricity and a love of luxury fashion; you’re motivated by leading a team, dedicated to creating revolutionary, contemporary art and a world-class digital experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, manage and coach a team, ensuring they’re engaged and motivated to produce creative imagery and design to the highest standards.
- Provides overall direction to team, setting goals and establishing OKR’s to ensure strategic success.
- Provide development support so that your team are always learning and have a fulfilling career
- Co-manage the homepage on a weekly basis, receiving daily updates on design, managing risks or dependencies.
- Manage the approval process for our app and email designs.
- Spearhead the research and development of projects and creative talents.
- Work with the Art Editors on shoot briefs, over seeing the selection of the team, preparing hair and makeup briefs, and monitoring the running of the shoot day.
- Help develop a talent pool of creatives for Farfetch to work with.
- Collaborate with the editorial team on content planning for the Home page and special projects.
- Liaise with product and experience teams on products and projects, ensuring art direction is supported and aligned.
- Work on the 360 development of Sale, Holiday, and Seasonal campaigns
- Review the homepage and creative content statistics and analyse the results to continuously improve the marketing experience and customer engagement
- Collaborate closely with our creative programme and Marketing Production team on the overall production and processing of creative marketing briefs.
- Continuously research photographers and creative teams for shoots - always generating ideas that will keep us revolutionary in the industry
- Research and develop the best digital experience for our customers, keeping abreast of industry creative trends.
- Support the Creative Director with special projects to elevate our fashion authority.
- Support and be the go to person for our Fashion and tech teams
- Manage the creative art direction budget, ensuring cost efficiency and optimisation at all times. Keep the Creative Director updated on overspend and continuously review ways of maximising budgets without compromising quality
- Deputise for the Creative Director, as and when required
Who you are:
- Strong people leadership and management experience, with proven success leading and managing a diverse team.
- Ability to think strategically, whilst managing operational plans
- Proven digital / fashion experience.
- Proven experience art directing fashion photo shoots in the luxury fashion industry.
- Strong knowledge of typography.
- Strong industry knowledge and connections with creative talent e.g. photographers, stylists
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills, able to manage competing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign & Sketch
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- A flexible and solutions focused approach to work and you enjoy working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail