Data Scientist - Search & Discovery
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
What you'll do
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in Natural Language Processing (NLP) with a focus on Search & Discovery.
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and drive innovation inside the company;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- Fluent in Python and Data Science & ML packages (Pandas, nltk, spacy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, TensorFlow).
- Good understanding of NLP (word embeddings, named-entity recognition, information extraction).
- A strong English communicator (both written and spoken);
- Up to date with scientific breakthroughs.