Operations Solutions Specialist
Position: Operations Solutions Specialist
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to: Operations Solutions Manager
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 500 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,400 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
About the team:
In Operations, you will be part of the team that turns dreams into reality. You'll have the opportunity to amaze customers and be revolutionary - "Todos Juntos". Our team consists of all exciting fields of Operations including Delivery, Payments, Fraud, Supply Chain Management, Retail Operations and Operations Strategy. We are truly global, with strong presence in all global regions including Porto, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. In our fast growing environment, we are looking for brilliant people who share the passion for operations in this exciting innovative industry - and want to have some fun along the way.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a newly created role in our Operations Solutions team, collaborating with our teams across the world and lead initiatives that will take our partners’ operations to the next level. You will be the go to person to guarantee our partner’s efficiency and profitability, while making sure they are aligned with Farfetch’s strategy and in line with our customers’ expectations.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the operational aspect of Farfetch for our key partners (big/strategic brands and retailers).
- You will provide our key partners operational consultancy:
- You will challenge partners to improve operational processes and workflows, to guarantee desired level of service.
- You will suggest and lead tech and integration developments to improve their operational efficiency.
- You will look out of the box to find the best solutions to maximize our partner’s efficiency and profitability, working closely with Commercial and Tech teams; Support implementation of new features at commercial and operational level.
- You will proactively monitor operational KPI and follow up effectively.
- You will build a trustworthy relationship with our key partners and serve as a Farfetch champion in their path to growth and efficiency.
Who you are:
- You are degree educated level ideally in Economics, Management or Engineering.
- You are experienced in Retail Operations or Logistics.
- You have e-commerce experience (a plus).
- You are a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills and a flexible approach – able to adapt communication style to different stakeholders.
- You are excellent at organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You are proactive.
- You are analytical, with ability to extract and interpret data and discover opportunities through it.
- Experienced or have knowledge of Kaizen and Six Sigma principles (as a plus)
- You are knowledgeable of Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are fluent both, written and verbally, in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships