Data Migration Consultant - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Implementation - FTC
This role will work closely with business stakeholders to elicit and analyse the data migration and cleansing requirements and is responsible for designing, planning and executing the data migration strategy in a compliant and end-user focused manner.
This role will suit a technical, detail-orientated problem solver, with a solid understanding of data structures, data migration and the importance of accurate, reliable data to business users.
What you'll do:
- Build and document a detailed understanding of the data stored in the existing systems.
- Develop an understanding of how and where data must be stored in the new software.
- Produce the data migration strategy.
- Produce the data migration plan – taking into account near-static data, and data that is in flux.
- Define the test cases, and quality control mechanisms to ensure all data is migrated correctly and at the right time.
- Work with Finance and Security SMEs to ensure that all data migration activities are compliant within relevant laws and guidelines.
- Execute the data migration strategy to:
- Extract data for various existing systems in formats such as SQL, Excel or Text.
- Test the data correctness and completeness.
- Cleanse data where necessary.
- Present outcomes of each phase and obtain consent to continue.
- Import data into the new system.
- Verify and prove completion at each step.
Who you are:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Customer and end-user experience focused.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office / PC skills.
- Knowledge and use of SQL Querying.
- Experience in a Data Analyst, Data Migration or Business/Systems Analyst role.
Nice to have:
- Experience rolling out Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Experience writing Excel Macros.
- Experience with Google data tools like DataPrep and BigQuery.